American Patriotic Music for All, Volume 1
Volume 1 of our Patriotic collection contains four classic patriotic tunes and three complete Sousa marches. Altogether this has 15 minutes of music that both you and your audience are sure to love.
These arrangements can be played with anywhere from 3 to 7 parts, suitable for a small chamber group, accompaniment for a choir, or a full band or orchestra (school, community, or professional). This is one of the most versatile collections you'll ever use!
The songs included in Volume 1 are:
- The Star-Spangled Banner (US National Anthem), by John Stafford Smith.
- America the Beautiful, by Samuel Ward.
- Battle Hymn of the Republic ("Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory").
- My Country, 'Tis of Thee ("America", known as "God Save the King/Queen" in England).
- Stars and Stripes Forever, by John Philip Sousa.
- Washington Post March, by John Philip Sousa.
- Semper Fidelis, by John Philip Sousa.
These songs are also available separately on the main CCM Classics page
Each song is in its original key, so it is easy to combine these with your own choir or piano/organ parts.
This composition can be played by 2,022,144 different combinations of instruments (really!).
A few notes on the parts and instruments:
- The standard ("std") parts are the original parts and are designed to be played together.
- The alternate "a" parts, if present, are raised one octave (8va) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the higher instruments listed. They should work as long as they are above the other parts.
- The alternate "b" parts, if present, are lowered one octave (8vb) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the lower instruments listed. They should work as long as they are below the other parts.
- For example, using parts 1, 2, and 3 together is definitely ok. Using parts 1a, 2, and 3b together is probably ok. Using parts 1b, 2, and 3a together might not work well.
- Part ranges are listed in concert key, where C4 is middle C.
When you purchase this composition, you will be taken to PayPal to submit your payment.
As soon as you pay, you will be able to download all the PDF files immediately.
You will have access to every part for each available instrument, in the proper key and clef.
You will also get a complete score (in most cases, we include four separate scores with all parts transposed to C, Bb, Eb, and F).
You don't have to purchase each part separately; one single payment covers all the parts you need for the instruments in your ensemble.
Buy Version v01 ($35)
This is an incredibly versatile arrangement. It can be played with anything from a trio to a full band or orchestra. All necessary parts are included in the appropriate clef and transposition to support the following ensembles:
- Brass trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet
- Woodwind trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet
- String trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet
- Clarinet trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet
- Saxophone trio, quartet, and quintet
- Mixed trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet, with optional percussion
- Wind ensemble, brass ensemble, string orchestra, full orchestra, and full band
The parts are described as follows:
- Part 1 is the main melody.
- Part 2 has some B-section melody and harmony.
- Part 3 is additional harmony.
- Part 4 is the main bass line.
- Part 5 is other harmony.
- Part 6 is the main melody down an octave, with some additional notes.
- Part 7 is an optional percussion part (snare drum, cymbal, bass drum) that can be added to any of the above combinations, or skipped entirely.
We recommend the following combinations:
- Trio: Parts 1, 2, 4 (4 works better than 3 for trio).
- Quartet: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Quintet: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Sextet: Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Composition: American Patriotic Music for All, Volume 1
Duration: 15 minutes
|American Patriotic Music for All, Volume 1, Version v01
||Full Score in C, Bb, Eb, and F
|Part 1 (std)
||D4 - G#5
||Flute, Oboe, Bb Clarinet, Alto Clarinet, Soprano Saxophone, Bb Trumpet, Violin, Viola
|Part 2 (std)
||G3 - D#5
||Bb Clarinet, Alto/Bass Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, French Horn, Bb Trumpet, Violin, Viola
|Part 3 (std)
||G3 - A#4
||Bb Clarinet, Alto/Bass Clarinet, Alto/Tenor Saxophone, French Horn, Bb Trumpet, Baritone, Trombone, C/Bb Euphonium, Violin, Viola, Cello
|Part 4 (std)
||F2 - C4
||Bass Clarinet, Baritone/Bass Saxophone, Bassoon, French Horn, Trombone, Bass Trombone, C/Bb Euphonium, Tuba, Cello, Bass 8vb
|Part 5 (std)
||E2 - C4
||Bass Clarinet, Bass Saxophone, Bassoon, French Horn, Trombone, Bass Trombone, C/Bb Euphonium, Tuba, Cello, Bass 8vb
|Part 6 (std)
||E2 - F4
||Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, French Horn, Trombone, C/Bb Euphonium, Cello, Bass 8vb
|Part 7 (std)
||C1 - C1