Bizet Carmen Medley
Bizet's opera "Carmen" did not have an auspicious beginning; it almost shut down on opening night because the critics hated it. Sadly, Bizet died only three months after the premiere and did not live long enough to get the respect and recognition that he deserved for this truly magnificent masterpiece. Today, Bizet is one of the most frequently performed operas in the entire world. This medley contains four songs from the opera: March of the Toreadors (theme 1), Habanera, Toreador Song, and March of the Toreadors (theme 2).
This composition can be played by 2 different combinations of instruments.
A few notes on the parts and instruments:
- The standard ("std") parts are the original parts and are designed to be played together.
- The alternate "a" parts, if present, are raised one octave (8va) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the higher instruments listed. They should work as long as they are above the other parts.
- The alternate "b" parts, if present, are lowered one octave (8vb) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the lower instruments listed. They should work as long as they are below the other parts.
- For example, using parts 1, 2, and 3 together is definitely ok. Using parts 1a, 2, and 3b together is probably ok. Using parts 1b, 2, and 3a together might not work well.
- Part ranges are listed in concert key, where C4 is middle C.
When you purchase this composition, you will be taken to PayPal to submit your payment.
As soon as you pay, you will be able to download all the PDF files immediately.
You will have access to every part for each available instrument, in the proper key and clef.
You will also get a complete score (in most cases, we include four separate scores with all parts transposed to C, Bb, Eb, and F).
You don't have to purchase each part separately; one single payment covers all the parts you need for the instruments in your ensemble.
Buy Version v02 ($4.99)
This arrangement is for solo cello or solo viola.
Composition: Bizet Carmen Medley
The original key has been changed to better fit the instruments.
Duration: 4 minutes
|Bizet Carmen Medley, Version v02
||Full Score in C, Bb, Eb, and F
|Part 1 (std)
||C#2 - C#5
|Part 1a (8va)
||C#3 - C#6