Faure Requiem: Mvt. 6 Libera Me
Faure's Requiem in D minor was originally composed for soprano and baritone vocal solo, chorus, orchestra, and organ. It has 7 movements inspired by biblical references. This is the 6th movement: Libera Me ("Deliver Me"). Libera Me has been part of the Catholic prayers for the dead dating back to Gregorian chants of the 9th century.
This composition can be played by 8 different combinations of instruments.
A few notes on the parts and instruments:
- The standard ("std") parts are the original parts and are designed to be played together.
- The alternate "a" parts, if present, are raised one octave (8va) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the higher instruments listed. They should work as long as they are above the other parts.
- The alternate "b" parts, if present, are lowered one octave (8vb) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the lower instruments listed. They should work as long as they are below the other parts.
- For example, using parts 1, 2, and 3 together is definitely ok. Using parts 1a, 2, and 3b together is probably ok. Using parts 1b, 2, and 3a together might not work well.
- Part ranges are listed in concert key, where C4 is middle C.
When you purchase this composition, you will be taken to PayPal to submit your payment.
As soon as you pay, you will be able to download all the PDF files immediately.
You will have access to every part for each available instrument, in the proper key and clef.
You will also get a complete score (in most cases, we include four separate scores with all parts transposed to C, Bb, Eb, and F).
You don't have to purchase each part separately; one single payment covers all the parts you need for the instruments in your ensemble.
Buy Version v01 ($4.99)
This version is arranged for 3 cellos, but violin and viola parts are also available.
Composition: Faure Requiem: Mvt. 6 Libera Me
Duration: 5 minutes
|Faure Requiem: Mvt. 6 Libera Me, Version v01
||Full Score in C, Bb, Eb, and F
|Part 1 (std)
||A2 - F5
|Part 1a (8va)
||A3 - F6
|Part 2 (std)
||A2 - B4
|Part 2a (8va)
||A3 - B5
|Part 3 (std)
||D2 - D4
|Part 3a (8va)
||D3 - D5