Franck Violin Sonata, Mvt. 4
Cesar Franck wrote his famous Violin Sonata in A major in 1886. There is some evidence that he originally intended it as a cello sonata. This is the complete 4th movement of the sonata. It is written as a perfect canon of the octave with a one-measure offeset, followed by a polyphonic development section. It starts and ends in A major, but in between Franck cycles through 12 other keys.
A few notes on the parts and instruments:
- The standard ("std") parts are the original parts and are designed to be played together.
- The alternate "a" parts, if present, are raised one octave (8va) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the higher instruments listed. They should work as long as they are above the other parts.
- The alternate "b" parts, if present, are lowered one octave (8vb) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the lower instruments listed. They should work as long as they are below the other parts.
- For example, using parts 1, 2, and 3 together is definitely ok. Using parts 1a, 2, and 3b together is probably ok. Using parts 1b, 2, and 3a together might not work well.
- Part ranges are listed in concert key, where C4 is middle C.
When you purchase this composition, you will be taken to PayPal to submit your payment.
As soon as you pay, you will be able to download all the PDF files immediately.
You will have access to every part for each available instrument, in the proper key and clef.
You will also get a complete score (in most cases, we include four separate scores with all parts transposed to C, Bb, Eb, and F).
You don't have to purchase each part separately; one single payment covers all the parts you need for the instruments in your ensemble.
Buy Version v01 ($9.99)
This version is for violin and cello. Most of the original piano is given to the cello. But there are a few sections where the original violin solo is modified to cover some of the piano line; this is indicated with small notes in the violin part (they are not cues - they should be played).
Composition: Franck Violin Sonata, Mvt. 4
Duration: 6 minutes
|Franck Violin Sonata, Mvt. 4, Version v01
||Full Score in C, Bb, Eb, and F
|Part 1 (std)
||G#3 - B6
|Part 2 (std)
||C2 - D5