Mozart Variations on "Twinkle Twinkle"
The official title of this composition is Twelve Variations on "Ah vous dirai-je, Maman" (K. 265/300e). But it is often referred to as Mozart's Variations on "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". The exact same melody is also called "Baa Baa Black Sheep" or "The Alphabet Song". Mozart wrote this set of 12 variations for piano in 1781.
A few notes on the parts and instruments:
- The standard ("std") parts are the original parts and are designed to be played together.
- The alternate "a" parts, if present, are raised one octave (8va) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the higher instruments listed. They should work as long as they are above the other parts.
- The alternate "b" parts, if present, are lowered one octave (8vb) and can be substituted for a standard part to accommodate the lower instruments listed. They should work as long as they are below the other parts.
- For example, using parts 1, 2, and 3 together is definitely ok. Using parts 1a, 2, and 3b together is probably ok. Using parts 1b, 2, and 3a together might not work well.
- Part ranges are listed in concert key, where C4 is middle C.
When you purchase this composition, you will be taken to PayPal to submit your payment.
As soon as you pay, you will be able to download all the PDF files immediately.
You will have access to every part for each available instrument, in the proper key and clef.
You will also get a complete score (in most cases, we include four separate scores with all parts transposed to C, Bb, Eb, and F).
You don't have to purchase each part separately; one single payment covers all the parts you need for the instruments in your ensemble.
Buy Version v01 ($9.99)
This arrangement is for violin and cello. Some of the variations are quite challenging (especially the last one), but it makes an excellent flashy showpiece and is very popular with audiences.
Composition: Mozart Variations on "Twinkle Twinkle"
Duration: 14 minutes
|Mozart Variations on "Twinkle Twinkle", Version v01
||Full Score in C, Bb, Eb, and F
|Part 1 (std)
||G#3 - G6
|Part 2 (std)
||C#2 - D5