C-Y Music: Legal
This website, all content on this website, and all compositions and arrangements on this website (unless explicitly indicated otherwise) is copyright © by C-Y Music. All rights reserved.
All product names, logos, and brands appearing on this site are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement.
Custom Chamber Music, CCM Neo, and CCM Classics are services of C-Y Music.
A Simple Explanation of What You Can and Cannot Do
When you purchase music from Custom Chamber Music for your ensemble, you can print hardcopies or share PDF files of any parts that are included in the purchase with anyone in your ensemble. For example, if you purchase an arrangement for bassoon trio and you want to play it with your 21-piece bassoon ensemble, you can print out all 21 parts and copies of the score (or share the PDF files for tablet display) with no additional cost. But you can't give the music to anyone else, you can't post it online, and you can't sell it.
You can play the music in any setting as often as you want. This includes public performances.
You can't change the arrangement (create any "derivative works"), other than small adjustments for your own ensemble like adjusting dynamics.
Terms and Conditions for C-Y Music Products
By purchasing a musical composition, arrangement, or other work (the "Work")
from C-Y Music or any of its services such as Custom Chamber Music ("Us/We")
, the purchaser ("You")
is granted the following rights and subject to the following restrictions:
- You may download, store, and back up electronic versions of the Work for Your own personal use.
- You may print multiple copies of the Work or distribute electronic copies of the Work, but solely for the use of the music ensemble for which the Work was purchased. But You (and the musicians in Your ensemble) may not share those copies with anyone else.
- You may perform the Work, including public performances.
- We request, but do not require, that C-Y Music, Custom Chamber Music, or the arranger of the Work (as appropriate) be acknowledged in any programs or other promotions.
- You may not copy, modify, or distribute the Work except as explicitly described in the above Terms and Conditions.
- You may not create derivative works from the Work.
- We retain all other rights to the Work.
- We explicitly retain the right to resell the Work, and to create and sell other derivate works based on the Work.
- To the best of Our knowledge, all Works provided on this site are either (1) from compositions where We own the copyright, or (2) from compositions that are in the public domain in the United States. Our site lists the name of the original composer and date of publication for all arrangements. It is Your responsibility to verify that the original composition is in the public domain in your localtion.